Roy is a professionally qualified graduate with over 30 years’ experience within Human Resources/Personnel Management.
1969 he started his career in heavy manufacturing industry eventually specialising in trades unions relations.
1976 – 1990 he worked within the drinks and leisure industry, firstly as a Personnel Manager within the manufacturing division but later becoming a Regional Manager.
1990 he joined the Public Sector and spent 14 years within Local Authorities, Housing Associations and not-for profit organisations as Director of Human Resources.
2004 Roy became a freelance HR consultant
Roy is experienced within the full range of the HR function, however he has specialist knowledge and working experience of:-
- Employment law
- Employee relations
- Management development
- Salary administration
- Job evaluation
- Selection techniques
Since 2004 Roy has worked as a freelance consultant.
His client base has included:-
- London Borough of Brent
- London Borough of Merton
- Norfolk County Council
- Ridgehill Housing Association
- Warden Housing Association
- S E London Strategic Health Authority
Plus numerous large and small private sector companies
These have included:-
- The re-establishing of an HR Department after a reverse TUPE situation
- The design and implementation of a management development programme
- Job evaluation of the workforce and establishment of job grading systems
- Assistance with restructuring and “de-layering”
- The design and establishment of a staff development review system
- Independent investigations into alleged misconduct and/or grievance situations
- A review of internal communication systems
As well as being a Business Graduate and member of professional bodies, Roy is also a Winston Churchill Fellow. As such he spent time and travelled extensively in North America studying management development programmes in universities and business schools as well as private training organisations and professional bodies.